To facilitate your viewership and access of the content on the Site, the content may have been packaged by SPN differently, wherein the Content or Services may be accessible free of charge which may include advertisements or commercials or via a subscription model or a pay-per-view model with or without advertisements / commercials or with a combination of the foregoing.
- Types of Information collected
- Information You Provide
In order to use the Site and the services offered, Users ("User" / "You") must create an account with SPN ("SPN Account"). Creating the SPN Account may require the User to provide inter alia the following personal information associated with the User, including but not limited to his / her name; gender; residential address, including city / state / province (if applicable), postal code, country, and region; phone and mobile number, e-mail address; preferred language; and login name and password ("Personal Information").
- Automatic Information Collection
- 2.1 SPN may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may consist inter alia of the following data about your visit to the Site: content viewed, date and time of view, content listed on watch-later-list; followed content; favoured content; access type depending on the model of services described hereinabove, number of website hits, type of computer operating system including the type of internet browser and internet service provider. Usage Information is generally non-identifying in nature, but SPN may associate the same with other information collected and hence treats it as Personal Information.
- 2.2 SPN also may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, "Device") which you use to access the Site. A unique identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by this number ("Device Identifier"). Some mobile service providers may also provide us with the physical location of the Device used to access the Site.
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- SPN may also use Web Beacons in combination with cookies to understand how you interact with Site. Web Beacons are typically transparent graphic images that are placed on the Site or in an email and allows the Site to measure your actions in opening the page that contains the Web Beacon.
- SPN may also use other asynchronous methods and / or technology in combination with / without other tracking technologies to understand a User’s interaction with Site and content residing therein.
- Third Party Payment Gateway – Financial Information
- SPN advises you to be careful about phishing emails and advises you to be cognizant of the fact that identity theft can be committed through e-mail or other means, such as regular mail, fax or telephone by phishing. Phishing is when you receive authentic-looking messages, but in reality it is sent by imposters using similar looking email addresses to obtain Personal Information especially personally sensitive data such as financial information. Please remember that none of the payment gateways on the Site send e-mails that ask for unsolicited confidential information such as personally sensitive financial information by email and do not conduct or approve financial transactions over email.
- Purpose of collection and usage of personal information
- SPN may use the Personal Information collected for the following purposes, amongst others: (1) process your registration; (2) enable you to visit the Site and enjoy more seamless visits to the Site; (3) enable you to use and receive the services offered on the Site, including e-mail communications informing you about the services and content provided by SPN through the Site; (4) contact you with regard to your SPN Account and in connection with any services or content subscribed through the Site; (5) tailor content and offers to you according to your preferences relating to business interests; (6) improve and enhance the Site according to your preferences relating to business interests and relating to website usage; and (7) other purposes specifically disclosed to you prior to the collection of your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent. Subject to your consent, we may provide you with marketing materials about other services and content offered by SPN on the Site and may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies only for marketing purposes.
- In particular, SPN may use tracking methods, mentioned hereinabove, for a number of purposes, including but not limited to:
- 2.1 provide general internal and customer analytics;
- 2.2 study traffic patterns in order to improve website performance, to customize the user experience, and to better match the users' interests and preferences;
- 2.3 keep track of preferences you specify while you are using SPN’s content or services;
- 2.4 recommendations of content to the user, based on usage;
- 2.5 support security measures, such as requiring re-login into the Site after a certain amount of time has elapsed;
- 2.6 when you login to the Site, cookies can also be used to save the username so that we can process the saved login information and quickly log you into the Site;
- 2.7 assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities;
- 2.8 ensure if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may share Personal Information with the following parties:
- When You Agree To Have Your Personal Information Shared
- Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
We may from time to time employ third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or operating our Site, hosting the Personal Information, executing interactive voice response programs, sending e-mail message communications, and providing data analysis services, within or outside India.
Affiliate Sharing and Business Transfers
We may share your Personal Information with other entities affiliated with us for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. Subject to your explicit consent to receiving marketing materials from SPN affiliated companies, we may share your e-mail address and information on your preferences and interests with such affiliated companies in order for them to provide you with certain marketing and promotional communication. SPN or any of its assets, including the Site, may be acquired/merged/de-merged/spun-off and/ or any other transactions may occur in which your Personal Information is one of the business assets of the transaction, your Personal Information may be transferred.
- Legal Protections and Other Disclosures
- SPN’S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY AND CHOICES
- SPN respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personally identifiable information that you provide, in connection with your use of its Site. SPN takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized disclosure and to prevent possible security breaches. SPN has implemented a code of best practices for data protection which is compliant with the IS / ISO / IEC 27001 standard and hence in compliance with the standards set out under the provisions of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011.
- You understand that part of the services offered via the Site is providing you with information about the content offered via the Site. By providing your email address in the registration process you consent to the receipt of such content information via email. You may opt out of receiving e-mail newsletters by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in the e-mail communication. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your SPN Account or use of the Site in order to perform the requested services for you. These transactional account messages will not be stopped even after you choose to opt-out from marketing communications. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Site. SPN is under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and hereby expressly disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it may not be possible to completely remove or delete all of your Personal Information from our databases in order to effectuate any opt-out preferences you have made due to technical concerns with data backup and contingency support.
- SPN incorporates commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, in light of the fact that electronic data can be intercepted, corrupted, lost or destroyed, please note that SPN cannot ensure or warrant the security of any data, and your use of the Site is at your own risk.
- You may contact us with your questions or comments or if you want to object to the processing and use of your personal information at: Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited, Interface Building 7, 4th Floor, Off Malad Link Road, Malad (West), Mumbai – 400064, India.